Immediate opening for an experienced, reputable, and reliable Sprayer and Fertilizer Spreader Operator at Hord Farms in North-Central Ohio. If you have experience operating a variety of farm and heavy machinery; want access to the latest John Deere Equipment and technology; have a great attitude, team mentality and character, we want to talk to you!
Who We Are:
Hord Farms is a diversified farming operation in North-Central Ohio currently farming over 8,500 acres of corn, beans, wheat, and barley, in addition to raising pigs and cattle. Our Hord Grain and Land division is now seeking to add an experienced Sprayer and Fertilizer Spreader Operator to the team.
A Day in the Life:
This key position is responsible for the operation and maintain our state of the art and dry fertilizer equipment. While using equipment equipped with auto-steer, seed, spray monitors and VRT systems. The ideal candidate must be able to perform quality spraying, keeping equipment in top condition and detailed application records. Additionally, this position will help maintain the overall appearances of all fields and facilities, participate in preventative maintenance of all equipment and buildings, perform minor electrical repairs and basic welding, and assist with other field and facility/equipment projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience with John Deere equipment, the flexibility to work long hours as needed, especially during peak farm seasons; the attention to detail to maintain accurate/timely records as well follow bio-security policies when moving between different farm locations; and a willingness to learn and provide feedback to team leaders. Class A CDL preferred, but training assistance will be provided to those who may be otherwise qualified for the role, but not in possession of a CDL.
What You Need:
- Knowledge of farming operations, including experience in environmental applications and crop operations
- Ideal candidate must have knowledge of running large sprayers, applicators, and spreaders
- Experience with using precision equipment/GPS, and additional equipment knowledge within a large farming operation
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, physically strenuous environment with limited direct supervision
- A friendly, positive, team-oriented, and respectful mindset
- Willingness to learn and carry-out complex instructions effectively
- Ability to problem solve when unexpected situations arise
- Record of reliability and dependability
- Candidates must not currently own or have routine contact with non-Hord pigs
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation after 6 months and 6 holidays/year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (at less than $20/pay for our base plan)
- 401(k) with company match
- Financial planning assistance
- Recruitment bonus
We look forward to talking to you more in depth about the opportunities at HORD!