Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for over 80 years. A commitment to teamwork and quality has made us one of the top turkey, hog and egg companies in the U.S. and awarded the company and its team an excellent reputation. Our Oakwood Division in Paulding County, Ohio, breeds hogs and turkeys while providing the best care to our animals in a small team setting. Cooper Farms is currently seeking a Sow Unit Manager to join our newly remodeled, state of the art facility, Grand Republic, in Edgerton – Williams County, Ohio.
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; monthly and year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!
QUALIFICATIONS: A 2 or 4 year degree in an agricultural curriculum with an emphasis in production is preferred. Experience in personnel management preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Assumes direct or indirect responsibility for all aspects of the farm. Has knowledge of animal care, biosecurity, facilities upkeep and maintenance, farrowing, breeding, gilt development, record keeping, supply management, and people management.
- Takes an active role in the management of the Grand Republic location in Edgerton
- Exhibits and shows a desire to learn core leadership qualities
- Makes strong, confident decisions on a daily basis
- Promotes communication between farm management and team members
- Maintains safe work habits and a positive safety attitude
- Demonstrates animal care in all areas of production and ensures that animal care is being applied by all employees
- Follows all bio-security measures and maintains proper herd health
- Monitor animals daily for feed, water, comfort, and health concerns
- Be familiar with and enforce all aspects of bio-security policy
- Administer medicines and vaccines as directed
- Ensure daily animal handling activities are done in accordance with SOP
- Takes responsibility for alarm calls and all calls related to such
- Closely monitors ventilation and environment of buildings
- Keeps facilities clean and well maintained
- Keeps accurate and timely records
- Performs work as directed
- Holds team members accountable and accepts responsibility for their actions
- Promotes team member participation in all company programs
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with all team members and other management
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, and promote safety and the future growth of the company.
SALARY: $63,000+ based on experience
LOCATION: Edgerton – Williams County, Ohio
APPLY ONLINE TODAY: cfhr.info/SowUnitMgr